Monday, April 14, 2008

Flocabulary: Hip Hop in the Classroom

On Friday, the class watched two clips that turned the Declaration of Independence and Macbeth into rap lyrics. There were mixed feelings about using rap to educate students. I personally would not use Flocabulary as the sole lesson for teaching my students Shakespeare, however, I would possibly show it after reading a Shakespeare play. You never know, a student might understand the play better by watching the clip. Even though it may not be likely they would understand it better but it is possible…

3 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr. Luongo said...

agree...

You may spark an interest in re-reading a story or document.

Thanks for posting.

catarina said...

I agree.

Although I wouldn't use it as a main tool, I would certainly mention it to the class. It may grab the attention of the one student who loves music and can only see things that way!