Friday, March 14, 2008

My Access

As we discussed in class on Tuesday, teaching writing is difficult because students have different writing styles and methods. I think the My Access writing program is a good way to provide students with skills that can improve their writing performance. What appeals to me the most is the fact that the program grades students' essays and provides immediate feedback. When I begin teaching Language Arts I would like to use this program with my students.

For those of you who do not know what My Access is here is a brief synopsis:
“My Access is an instructional writing and tutoring program designed for use in schools and educational institutions. The program provides comprehensive instructional support for educators, unmatched accuracy in scoring writing assignments, and unlimited opportunities for students to write, revise and learn.” (This definition is from the Go MyAccess website.)

Here is the My Access website:
http://www.gomyaccess.com/myaccess/do/log

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

It really is a remarkable program. I am glad you enjoyed.

Thanks for posting!