Saturday, February 9, 2008

Another College Shooting

A nursing student at Louisiana Technical College in Baton Rouge, L.A. opened fire yesterday on two of her classmates before taking her own life. At this time no one knows the motive for the tragic incident. The police learned of the incident after students started calling 911 simultaneously. The police arrived within four minutes. Students in the classroom and others surrounding the area were questioned briefly before being sent home. Classes were cancelled yesterday and will resume either Tuesday or Wednesday.
My condolence goes out to the families of the victims.

To read more about it I posted a link below.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/09/us/09campus.html?ref=education

3 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

What a terrible tragedy.

Thanks for this info.

Any thoughts?

Alisha said...

I am just glad to see that the police arrived quickly to the scene. On the other hand, it pains me to see how dramatically school violence is increasing.

Mohammad Awadallah said...

That is so sad, It seems like school shootings are becoming the norm across the country..I don't know about you, but as a future teacher I am concerned about thing's like this, I worry about insane thing's like that happening...